Thursday, April 7, 2011

My friend Valentina

Here are some videos of my friend Valentina Mitzkat singing songs that she wrote.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwCMbXlUFL8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfIfLfCydU8

Valentina is my friend from high school. She is originally from Texas but we both went to Walnut Hill School in Natick, Massachusetts. She was recently signed to a record label. She has an EP out and some songs that you can buy on her Facebook page. I believe her album is scheduled for release in the U.S. soon. After the lecture that Kiya Heartwood gave us before spring break, I started to think a little bit about Valentina and how the music industry will try to shape her image. I was reminded of this again after our Lilith Fair discussion. If you watch her videos, ask yourself what kind of audience she is trying to reach, and conversely, how will her label attempt to market her.

Check out Valentina's publicity shots on her Facebook page if you don't get a very clear idea of her image from the videos! Search for Valentina Mitzkat

No comments:

Post a Comment